Friday, January 3, 2014

Wedding Day-Part One


Somehow I managed to narrow down from over 500 photos but I'm still breaking the day into two parts.  We'll call this Part One: Getting Ready.  This old blog needs some love and a good update so this seemed like the best way to start.  

I've been sitting on these photos well over a month now and have only shared a few on Facebook and shown to a few friends and family for Christmas.  Has it really been 3 months already? 

Jon and I put so much into this day.  We wanted it to reflect both of us but also include all of our guests in special ways.  Marrying a graphic designer has it's perks and Jon did so much to help out.  Lucky girl!  Both of our moms were the best help too.  We kept them busy with florist phone calls and dress fittings but they were calm, cool, and collected the whole way through.  

The day was full of the best moments.  It started with some DIY yoga in the girl's cabin and eating breakfast with my grandparents and bridesmaids.  I got ready in my mom's cabin with my best friends, grandmother, and my aunt Sharon, who also did my makeup. Of course I cried before I even saw Jon for our "first look" by the pond.  All the girls ended up waiting for the ceremony to start in the little sunroom on the second floor of the farm house, watching guests arrive, laughing and putting together a random horse puzzle.  

I could go on and on on about the details.  The most amazing dream location, (Jon and I are so lucky!) how my 3rd grade class got me my hairpin, my great-grandfather's table for the programs, the Queen Anne's Lace and Lamb's Ear...but I'll let the pictures tell it all.  









   
































Details:
Photographer: Jon Black of Matt Powell Productions; Venue- The Mast Farm Inn, Valle Crucis, NC; Taylor's Dress- Robert Bullock via Bellissima, Veil- Jennifer Leigh, Shoes-Seychelles, Hair Pin- Jennifer Behr, and Earrings- Anthropologie; Mom's dress- Siri; Bridesmaids Dresses- Modcloth; Invitations- A Printable Press; Flowers- Pearl's Garden; Hair- Shear Shakti; Makeup- my aunt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird