Monday, January 6, 2014

Wedding Day- Part Two


Now for Part 2: Vows, Fried Chicken, and Dancing.  

As I was selecting these photos I kept thinking, "Oh, that was one of my favorite things" over and over.  
Here is a short list, sorta like a wedding photo scavenger hunt:

-The Weather-Who knows what a late September day in mountains may bring-  50's and rain? Snow??? Luckily it was 68 and partly cloudy. Perfect.  I did go on a last minute shopping trip (Anthropologie to the rescue) for a cute sweater to wear in case it was cold that night.  It got into the 40's after the sun went down and while most other girls stayed by the fire I was oblivious, obviously too happy, to notice I was cold.

-The Cake- Exactly what I wanted.  Simple. Vanilla Cake with Buttercream. Flowers. Oh, and some strawberry jam filling :) We also had other desserts: Peach Cobbler, Hummingbird Cake, and Pecan Pie. 

-Wedding Quilt- I dreamed up this crazy idea of having a Guest Quilt.  Luckily Jon's mom and good friend Alice are quilting geniuses and were able to make it happen.  It is finished now and amazing.

-Cheerwine- This was a must have.  Jon, friends, family, and Cheerwine in a bottle. A Salisbury girl has to stay true to her roots! 

-Blue Ball Mason Jars-  While reading way too many wedding blogs while planning, some claimed mason jars had been overdone.  Too bad I'd been planning on using them before it was a trend.  My grandmother gave me a small collection of jars my grandfather had saved up and I knew they would be used at my wedding.  When I saw the "family" long table with them and many more we collected running all the way down it, I cried!  They were perfect with the flowers Peggy had arranged.  It was really one moment where I had to slow down and take it all in.

-Photo Wall- All Jon's idea and a surprise to guests.  The Rifle Paper Co. heart print in the middle was my color inspiration for the wedding and a birthday gift from Jon before the wedding.  We looked high and low for vintage frames to showcase our friend's and family's own wedding photos.  Jon and I sat right in front of it and loved watching everyone's reactions.

-Jukebox Place Cards- Another Jon creation-we had to fit his love of music in (besides the playlist he spent the entire engagement perfecting).  For each guest we (mostly him, a little me) thought of two songs (either one of their favorites or something to fit their personality).  This project ended up coming down to the wire and at times I thought this is too much but it was so worth it.   

-Firepit- Danielle, the coordinator, kept bringing this up and we finally thought it would be a good idea.  It was.  S'more kits for favors.  Lots of rocking chairs and quilts to keep warm with.  

-FOOD- Fried Chicken, Mac and Cheese, Pulled Pork, Cornbread, Collard Greens, Corn on the Cob, Mashed Potatoes...  When people told me it was the best wedding food they had ever had I considered the entire day a success on that alone.  Chef Andrew made amazing food for us all weekend.  He told my grandmother this was his favorite menu to prepare and it was easy to see why.  

-Toasts-I totally underestimated how much I would love these.  Rachel was hilarious.  I laughed, I cried, everything.  You know it was a good toast when the next time you walk by your principal's table she wants to know more about your skinny dipping adventures.  My dad totally surprised us all.  He is quiet like me and must have practiced a lot.  It was sweet and I was so proud.

When people told Jon and I that your wedding day goes by in a flash, they weren't kidding.  I thought I was prepared for that part of it but it still happened so quickly.  We already have our anniversary booked at the Mast Farm Inn and I can't wait to go back.  It's cliche and after this I'm done sharing wedding momentos -probably :)- but it was my favorite day.





















































































Oh, and our first dance song:
Tougher Than the Rest- Springsteen cover by Camera Obscura

Details:
Photographer: Jon Black of Matt Powell Productions; Venue- The Mast Farm Inn, Valle Crucis, NC; Taylor's Dress- Robert Bullock via Bellissima, Veil- Jennifer Leigh, Shoes-Seychelles, Hair Pin- Jennifer Behr, and Earrings- Anthropologie; Mom's dress- Siri; Bridesmaids Dresses- Modcloth; Flowers- Pearl's Garden; Hair- Shear Shakti; Makeup- my aunt :); Food-Chef Long at The Mast Farm Inn; Cake-The Mast Farm Inn; Musicians- The Forget-Me-Nots

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird