Thursday, December 31, 2009

A good year.

It's time for New Year Resolutions. I can't even remember what mine were last year which is a bad sign that I didn't keep them. All week I've been busy with stuff around the apartment and haven't really thought of what mine would be. But after some quick thinking I'm going to have 3 goals that are, I think, pretty attainable and good.

I've made 3 goals for 3 life categories (because I can never decide on one thing and incase I fail at one...):

1. Professional- Get up earlier (aka don't hit snooze 5 times) so I can be more productive in the morning in my classroom before the kids get there. I hate rushing in the morning and stressing out when the kids are coming in the room before I've gotten everything ready for my lessons that day. To do this I'm going to have to move my alarm clock to across the room on my vanity instead of conveniently in arms length on my nightstand.

2. Style- No pants. Well, almost. I've really fallen in love with getting dressed every day in the past year. I've come a lot more adventurous with my clothes and since school has started I've worn pants maybe 6 times. This past week I reorganized my walk in closet (future post coming soon!). After clearing out all of the clothes I don't wear anymore I was left with 2 pairs of pants for work and 2 pairs of jeans. Of the pairs of pants I kept for work, I can't even remember the last time I wore them. So, I've decided (I've been thinking about this for a few months actually) no more pants to work. I know, I know, it'll be cold on the playground for recess but I have plenty of tights, tall boots and long-ish coats. Wearing dresses and skirts is more me and I'm really excited about all the looks I can put together. In the summer I live in skirts and summer dresses anyhow so jeans will only be a winter weekend occasional look. Excited about this!

3. Cooking- Bake a new recipe each week. Well, if you don't know, I bake a lot. Or at least I used to bake a lot. Lately I've slacked off because of school and what not. I received a total of 5 cookbooks for Christmas and plan to put them to good use. Progress with this goal can be documented here: Baking Arts. I definitely need to make more fancy cakes. And macarons (thanks Rachel)!!!

All Together Now: London, 1955
Times Square, New Year's Eve 1955. My friends and I celebrated the New Year in Times Square 50 years after this photo was taken and I would recommend that everyone brave the cold and crowds and do it at least once in your lifetime.

And if you're having trouble making up your mind, this resolution generator may help.
Looking forward to a wonderful new year and decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird